Missions

Pray for Philippines Missions

Friday, October 9, 2009

This is Jimuel and his little brother Jimboy.
Their father died when Jimuel was five, and Jimboy 3. They do not remember him and have never seen a photograph of him. Their mother remarried and their step father could not afford to raise these two boys, if I remember correctly they told me their was then 7 children. So he left them with their grandmother. This is a common story in the Philippines. She lives in Iligan City and is very poor and she thought that the boys would be better cared for in the orphanage. They have lived there for the last 3 years. The first Sunday I was in Valencia I opened my Bible (gold page, leather bound, etc). Jimuel commented and said, "beautiful Bible." I noticed that Jimuel was reading from a Gideon Bible. I asked him if it was his Bible and he said, "No sir, I have no Bible." It hurt my feelings to think that he did not have his own personal bible, so I gave him the pesos to buy a bible. He asked me to sign it for him and I took his picture. From that momemnt on we were friends...he brought me hot coffee every morning, washed my clothes, and climbed the volcano with me. If there was any way possible, I would bring him and his little brother to America to live.







Jimboy plays the guitar. It is a cheap china made guitar but he makes it sound like a "martin." He is a pretty good singer and will sing harmony with his brother. They love to sing worship music by Hillsong and Don Moen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP