Missions

Pray for Philippines Missions

Flooding in Manila

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Several people are asking me about the flooding in Manila.

While I was there I missed the worst of the storm. I was on Mindanao Island, about 400 miles to the south of Manila. The island that Manila is on was was worst hit by the storm. One of my good friends in Valencia, Nilson, emailed me that he read that the flooding is not expected to dry until December, the ground is so wet and this is the rainy season.
Here is a link to a story by the VOA (Voice of America) about the flooding and an effort by the UN to raise funds for those affected.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-10-06-voa52.cfm

All my friends in Mindanao have emailed me with requests for prayer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP