Missions

Pray for Philippines Missions

Friday, October 9, 2009

Here is a beautiful family that attends the Church of Jesus Chirst Iligan. The childern call me Unle Bill. Sis Lois married a wonderful man and when they had children he wanted to provide them with the best life possible. So he did what many many Filipino men do, he took a job overseas. That means he cannot visit his home but one time a year. His children have only seen him a handful of times. But he is a good provider for them and his wife. He lives in Malaysia, I spoke to him on the phone...but his English was not good enough for me to understand. But he was trying to thank me because his wife had received a miracle when I prayed for her. Two weeks later I saw and heard her crying and thanking God for giving her this healing.

Just before I left the Philippines I wanted to give this beautiful family a gift. Because their father makes such a huge sacrifice for his family they are able to afford a few things that other Filipinos will never be able to buy, they have a telephone and have Internet in their home. So I gave them enough US $ to buy an MP3 player. Lovelychristin was my interpreter for many trips and helped me in many ways, she helped me carry some of my equipment and watched it for me during meetings and while we traveled. She, Johnbronson and their mother were a great blessing to me.


This is Sis Lois leading the worship at the church.



This is the oldest child, Lovelychristine.
She was the first to teach me of the Philippine custom of taking an elders hand and placing it on the forehead of the children. This is their way of showing respect to the elders. As soon as she saw me she grabbed my hand and placed it on her forehead and said that this was their custom and "welcome elder Bill."



This is Johnbronson. I took the photo of him playing the bass and his sister took the other two and emailed them to me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP