Missions

Pray for Philippines Missions

Nilson

Friday, October 9, 2009

This is Nilson. He was a good friend to me when I was in Valencia. He is an English major in college and has just finished his final exams. He helped translate to me what people were saying and he knew English word origins. I told him he should teach me English! We discussed regional english and regional expressions. I tried to explain to him about the south and our drawwwwwlll. I don't know if I got "ya all" over to him.

We had a lot of fun talking about such phrases.

Nilson has studied leading in worship and the whole team in Valencia is held together by him.

His life consists of school and church. He goes to the church every Saturday and practices with the band. Then all day in Sunday worship. Whenever I asked about where Nilson lives I was always told, "it is very far." ?? So considering how the Philippino must travel I know it is a great sacrifice for him to get to the church both Saturday and Sunday.

Most memorable thing about him was the Sunday that I preached "Jesus Christ" as the salvation name. Nilson got up and was leading in worship as I was praying for the people and he started singing, "I belong to Jesus Christ...Jesus Christ is my God...Jesus Christ is my Saviour." He received a seed of the word of the gospel of "Jesus Christ" and that was worth all to make my journey to Valencia.

Pray for Nilson as he seeks God's will for his life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP