Missions

Pray for Philippines Missions

quick update

Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Morning All, I need to give you a quick update. I have completed the first phase of the trip and have traveled from Iligan City where I spent a week with Pastor Winston and Sis Flor. On 9/12 I traveled to Plaurdilla and preached in pastor Ben Sosa's church. He has a church across the road from the ocean. Very beautiful. There were many childeren there, they have a choir and sang for me. The Pastors wife has a wonderful spirit as she leads the childeren. He has two childeren, a boy and girl, both in college.
On 9/13 I preached in the Church of Jesus Christ in Iligan City. There were many visiting pastors there. I met many wonderful people and several people received miracles. I prayed for the baby of Sis Flor and believe that God will use him in a special way. He is due on the 9/23.
I preached in 4 churches on 9/14. There were many miracles. The churches were Pastors; Lumbab, Delano, Saluna, Jalagat. I will have to post more of the events of that day....they are stories all by themselves.
My time with Bro Winston and Sis Flor was unforgettable. They are real servants of Jesus Christ and are living in a dangerous area for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Please pray for their safety and for the work.

Last Thursday I traveled to Valencia. I got news that my lost baggage would arrive the next morning back in Cagayan so on Friday morning pastor Jered and myself traveld back to the airport. But the bag did not arrive from Manila. Customs held up the bag. After several calls and paperwork...not to mention the fact that I left my ID in Valencia...I was able to get Manila to send the lost bag. The next flight they could send it on was the next day, Saturday. So I had to spend the night in Cagayan De Oro. It is a dangerous city for foreigners traveling by themselves, but pastor Jered had a friend there with a very nice house by Philippine standards. We stayed with the Moralas family and I was thankful for the fish and rice for supper. The young boy in the house, Nick, 23, cooked for me and took very good care of pastor Jered and myself. Except for the near motorcycle wreck on the way to the internet cafe'!!
Saturday brought my bag from Manila and I traveled back to Valencia. We had normal Sunday services and yesterday I preached a leaders conference where there were 29 pastors. I taught for 1 hour and they wanted me to continue...so we took a break and I taught for another hour. They kept wanting more teachning...so after a second break I taught them for another hour and then laid on hands and prayed for everyone. It was an awesome time.
Tonight we have a "salvation Crusade" in a village about an hour from here.....Then more meetings the rest of the week. But all is not work, tomorrow morning I will find the time to climb a Volcano before the first meeting!! My new Philippine friend Jimeuel has promised to climb with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP